Thursday, February 10, 2011

Introduction

Hi Everyone, glad you could join me.

So as many of you may have understood from the title, I am heading to South Korea. More specifically, Seoul, the capital and largest city in South Korea. I am heading there as a student, planning to study at Yonsei university. Though my major is Physical Education, I am enrolled in different types of courses that may or may not help my academic situation. Some of these courses include Exploring Culture, Comparative East Asian Studies and Intro to Korean Philosophy. The more physical courses I have enrolled in include Skin Scuba and Evaluation of Sports Injuries. However, these may change. Im sure whatever I will be studying will be interesting and new.

Now, enough with the boring stuff.

I am also heading to South Korea to have an awsome adventure. A time in which I can fully immerse myself into a new culture. From meeting many groups of people, eating new foods, exploring buddhism (One of South Korea's main religions), partying with the locals, relaxing in a jimjilbang (24 hr Korean bath house) and everything else that may come my way, it will no doubt be a interesting ride. I hope to become a more knowledgeable individual that understands the world is larger than just where I have been and what I have done.

All-in-all, I am doing this exchange as a risk. I have never travelled anywhere outside of Ontario (besides the time I went to Alberta) let alone Canada. I am sure whatever happens in the next 5 months is going to be amazing and it will definitely not be a regret.
So, who is excited?
... ME!

I leave Wednesday, February 16th at 9:30am. It is a 21hr flight with two stops. One is Detroit and one in Tokyo

No comments:

Post a Comment